The division of subjects according to the degree offered by the Board is as follows:
1. Intermediate in Science (F.Sc.)
2. Intermediate in Arts(F.A)
- General Science
Requirements for Open Merit Seats
Applicants with Matriculation:
- 85% marks in Matriculation for admission to F.Sc. Pre- Medical and Pre-Engineering.
- 70% marks in Matriculation for admission to I.C.S. (Physics), I.C.S. (Statistics), I.COM, General Science and F.A. and Humanities.
- Applicants with Matriculation in Science can apply to both F.Sc and FA, whereas applicants with Matriculation in arts can only apply to FA.
Students with ‘O’ Levels/ Equivalent Examinations:
- Applicants whose send up results indicate they are likely to obtain 6As or more
can apply for F.Sc, while those with 3As or more can apply for F.A. They will be given provisional admission.
- Applicants with O’ Levels / Equivalent Examination must clear a minimum of eight
subjects including Urdu, English, Pakistan Studies, Mathematics and Islamiyat/
Scripture/ Ethics in two or more sittings as required by the Board of
Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore.
- 80% marks in Mathematics is a prerequisite for F.Sc. Pre-Engineering, ICS and
General Science Mathematics, Statistics and Economics as elective subjects where
as Biology for F.Sc. Pre-Medical.
Those students who have not taken Urdu as a subject while studying abroad must pass an examination in Geography of Pakistan.
In accordance with the policy limited seats are reserved for the following categories:
- Students with disabilities
- Students from other Provinces, FATA and Gilgit-Baltistan
- Extra Curricular
Please note admission on the basis of these categories will not be changed till the completion of course of studies.
1. Students with Disabilities
Applicants for admission to this category must submit a Medical Certificate and other relevant documents pertaining to their disability.
Applicants belonging to religious minority groups such as Christians, Hindus, Sikhs and Ahmedis can apply for these seats. Supporting documents must be provided.
3. Provincial Seats
Applicants from provinces of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Sind, AJK, FATA and Gilgit-Baltistan can apply for these seats. To be eligible, applicants must have done their schooling and taken the Board Examination from the province of their domicile. They must submit their nomination through the provincial government of their domicile. Students admitted on provincial seats will be allotted second shift.
Applicants who have won awards for participation in inter-school, district, provincial or national sports events can apply for these seats. Applicants must attach certificates indicating the same and will also be required to demonstrate on the field. Students admitted on sports basis will be allotted second shift.
Applicants whose grandmothers, mothers or sisters did their intermediate or graduation from Kinnaird can apply for admission on the basis of kinship. Applicants must provide copies of certificates to prove the same. Marks will be awarded to the candidates according to the following formula:
Sister (passed out)
- A candidate can get a maximum of 10 marks on the basis of kinship.
- The marks obtained in the Matriculation Examination will be given a weightage of 90%.
- The marks awarded on kinship bases will be given a weightage of 10%.
Students admitted on kinship basis will be allotted second shift.
6. Extra Curricular:
Applicants who have participated in inter-school, district, provincial or national Qirat, Naat, Debates, Drama and Singing competitions or can play a musical instrument are eligible for admission on the basis of extra-curricular activities. The applicant must provide copies of certificates indicating the same. They will also be required to demonstrate their performance. Students admitted on extra-curricular basis will be allotted second shift.
The decision of the admission committee is final and cannot be challenged.