The division of subjects according to the degree offered by the Board is as follows:
1. Intermediate in Science (F.Sc.)
2. Intermediate in Arts(F.A)
- General Science
Compulsory subjects for both F.Sc. and F.A students
- Urdu or Pak Culture/Easy Urdu* for Foreign Students
- Pakistan Studies
- Islamic Studies or Ethics for Minority Students
Elective Subjects for Intermediate in Science (F.Sc.)
- Chemistry, Biology, Physics
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics
Elective Subjects for Intermediate in Arts (F.A):
Part I: Principles of Accounting, Principles of Economics, Principles of Commerce, Business Mathematics
Part II: Principles of Accounting, Commercial Geography, Computer Studies / Banking, Statistics
ICS (Statistics): Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science
General Science: Statistics, Mathematics, Economics
Humanities: Applicants should choose three elective subjects, one from each group respectively, for the Humanities Group.
- English Literature
- Advance Urdu
- Fine Arts
- Islamic History
- World History
- Physical Education
*Foreign Students or Pakistani who have resided outside Pakistan for more than 3 years are eligible to take Pak Culture or Easy Urdu instead of Urdu Compulsory. The applicant must seek approval to do so from the Lahore Board within two weeks of their admission. Those applicants, who have not taken Urdu as a subject while studying abroad must pass an examination in Geography of Pakistan.
Important for Applicants to the Humanities:
- A subject will only be offered if 15 or more students opt for the subject.
Applicants opting for subjects that require practicals such as Psychology, Geography or
- Physical Education, are advised not to choose Fine Arts due to possible clashes of practical timings of Fine Arts classes.
- Physical Education will only be offered in evening shift.
- Fine Arts classes are conducted in the afternoon i.e. 2.00 pm onwards.
Applicants can choose only two subjects from among Statistics, Mathematics and Economics. The third subject should be chosen from the rest of the subjects in the
- Humanities group. For example, applicants can choose Statistics, Mathematics and Psychology or Statistics, Economics and Civics or Economics, Mathematics and French, etc.
80% marks are required in Matriculation Mathematics if a candidate wants to take Mathematics and /or Statistics as an elective subject.
- Aptitude test is required if a candidate of F.A wants to take English Literature and/or Fine Arts as elective subject.
- All applicants applying for admission on seats reserved for Sports must take Physical Education as an elective subject. Other interested applicants may also take the subject after successfully undertaking a physical efficiency test.